Photo Gallery | 2013 Quiz Bowl champions announced
CONWAY, Ark. (AETN) — The 2013 Arkansas Quiz Bowl champions have been decided in the state conference finals, held at the Arkansas Educational Television Network in Conway April 20.
The final standings were:
- District 1A – Haas Hall Academy (Fayetteville) defeated Alpena.
- District 2A – Conway Christian defeated Cedar Ridge (Newark).
- District 3A – Episcopal Collegiate (Little Rock) defeated Fountain Lake (Hot Springs).
- District 4A – Subiaco Academy defeated Gravette.
- District 5A – Watson Chapel (Pine Bluff) defeated Little Rock Christian.
- District 6A – Searcy defeated Benton.
- District 7A – Fort Smith Southside defeated Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts (Hot Springs).
The Arkansas Governor’s Quiz Bowl Association awarded each first place team $3,200 in scholarship funds and each second place team $1,600. Each MVP also received a scholarship.
“Quiz Bowl” is a celebration and recognition of scholarship that has been an AETN tradition since 1985. In a series of questions, players must display their knowledge in literature, math, science, history, art, music and economics. Teams from across the state compete for the chance to represent the Natural State in national tournaments.
The Arkansas Governor’s Quiz Bowl Association holds regional tournaments around the state during March. Teams are assigned to a site, and a random drawing places the teams on the pairing schedule. A percentage of teams in the tournament advance to the state tournament. The top two teams from each classification advance to the State Conference Finals.